Thanks for your interest in volunteering with the Ulster Immigrant Defense Network. Below are some ongoing needs. As of August 2021, we have these critical needs.
- Bilingual volunteers (Spanish/English) to work shifts of two hours or more at our Kingston office. After a thorough orientation, volunteers provide resources in person and by phone, choosing their own hours. Details: NicAbramson@gmail.com, 845-706-5500.
- Volunteers with trucks or vans to pick up and deliver food and furniture. Get details.
Household Support: Help with weekly Kingston food pantries where families can pick up groceries and other needed items. Donate or identify sources for needed items and drop them off by prior arrangement. Get details here.
Writers Group: Tell UIDN’s story and the stories of local immigrants by writing for our newsletter or website. BobGelbach@gmail.com, 203-376-8205.
Volunteer Recruitment: Call prospective volunteers and help them select opportunities that match their skills, interests, and availability. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.
Fundraising: Join an ambitious and successful team. Volunteers also are needed to write thank you notes or design flyers, digital media, and other materials to promote events and programs. Consider becoming a UIDN business sponsor; please see our guidelines here. Stephanie, SKristal55@gmail.com, 845-750-4438.
Photo: Leslie Gallagher
- Track questions about available resources and services. NicAbramson@gmail.com, 845-706-5500.
- Record basic information about a household’s need for help with rent and utilities and determine how best to help. Patience with details and approximately one free hour are needed. Case management skills hugely welcome. Training provided. Elana, 845-658-9838, MichelsonElana@gmail.com.
- Assist with our volunteer/donor management program, EveryAction. We need tech-savvy volunteers who know the program or are interested in learning its ins-and-outs. BobGelbach@gmail.com, 203-376-8205.
Volunteers fluent in both Spanish and English.
- Assist families in filling out applications for local resources. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.
- Join our helpline. NicAbramson@gmail.com, 845-706-5500.
- Translate materials (English ↔ Spanish) so we can share resources and essential information, about education, health, legal rights, politics, etc. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.