There are many ways to support the Ulster Immigrant Defense Network. Choose one that works for you.
Donate here. UIDN is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) not-for-profit. Donations are deductible; our tax ID is 85-0854210. Checks payable to UIDN may be sent to UIDN, c/o Holy Cross/Santa Cruz Episcopal Church, 30 Pine Grove Ave., Kingston, NY 12401.
Become a UIDN affiliate.
Community groups and religious congregations, email Father Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Household Support: donate needed supplies or volunteer to help package and distribute food and other items. Get details here.
Proceeds from the thrift shop benefit UIDN.
Writers Group: help tell UIDN’s story and the stories of local immigrants by writing for our newsletter or website. BobGelbach@gmail.com, 203-376-8205.
Volunteer Recruitment: help prospective volunteers select roles that match their skills, interests, and availability. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.
Fundraising: additional team members needed. Tasks include writing thank you notes, graphic design projects, event promotion, and more. Consider becoming a UIDN business sponsor; please see our guidelines here. Stephanie, SKristal55@gmail.com, 845-750-4438.
- Track questions about available resources and services. NicAbramson@gmail.com, 845-706-5500.
- Record basic information about a household’s need for help with rent and utilities and determine how best to help. Patience with details and approximately one free hour are needed. Case management skills hugely welcome. Training provided. MichelsonElana@gmail.com, 845-658-9838.
- Assist with our volunteer/donor management program, EveryAction. We need tech-savvy volunteers who know the program or are interested in learning its ins-and-outs. BobGelbach@gmail.com, 203-376-8205.
Volunteers who are fluent in both Spanish and English are needed.
- Assist families in filling out applications for local resources. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.
- Join our helpline. NicAbramson@gmail.com, 845-706-5500.
- Translate materials (English ↔ Spanish) to share resources and essential information about education, health, legal rights, politics, etc. HelaineMeisler@yahoo.com, 914-466-0100.