As an all-volunteer organization, UIDN depends on people who are generous with their time and sometimes with their possessions. Click the button below to email us about how much time you can pledge. Please also tell us if you are bilingual (English/Spanish) and/or if you have any particular volunteer interests.
Here are examples of how you can help based on the time you have …
Contact State Senator Michelle Hinchey and Assemblymember Kevin Cahill, whose districts include Ulster County, and ask them to commit to supporting another additional money for the Excluded Workers Fund. that closed early in October. Learn more about the effort here.
- Kevin Cahill — 845-338-9610, Online email form, Facebook, Instagram
- Michelle Hinchey — 845-331-3810, Instagram, Facebook, email: email@example.com, Twitter: @MichelleHinchey
2 HOURS A WEEK. Bilingual volunteers (Spanish/English) are needed in UIDN’s Kingston office. Choose your own hours. Orientation provided.
3 HOURS A WEEK
- Tutor English language learners at a Kingston middle school one or more days per week, Monday-Thursday, 2:20 to 3:40 p.m. Learn more.
- Help with UIDN’s weekly market for food and household items, Wednesdays, 3:30-6:30 p.m., at a church in Kingston.
4 HOURS A MONTH. Help with 2x monthly food pick ups at Kingston Plaza.
Hands by Design for a Cause, a partnership between Canva and UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency.
Donate or solicit the following greatly needed items
- Large quantities of cloth or paper bags. We use 200+ bags each week.
- Shopping carts
- Dressers or bureaus
- Use of a truck or van to pick up and deliver food or furniture.
If you can help with any of the above, please use the orange button on this page to send us an email.