- Case management — help immigrants secure resources and services.
- Provide or arrange for English <-> Spanish translation and interpretation.
- Maintain and expand UIDN’s community resource database.
- Assist immigrants with applications, documents, and forms.
- Learn UIDN’s systems (Charity Tracker and Every Action) and enter data.
- Provide administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or related field or 2 years or more of case management experience.
- Bilingual Spanish/English. Knowledge of Q’eqchi is a definite plus.
- At least two years’ experience working with immigrant communities.
- Strong communications skills — oral and written.
- Ability to respond quickly to urgent situations and to travel locally as needed.
Hours, Benefits, and Compensation
- 25 hours per week.
- Salary, $30,000 + $2,500 toward medical expenses.
- Paid vacation (two weeks), eight holidays, and four personal/sick days.
UIDN is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We welcome and encourage a diverse applicant pool.