Contributions to Ulster Immigrant Defense Network are tax deductible when made through UIDN’s fiscal sponsor, Holy Cross/ Santa Cruz Episcopal Church of Kingston, New York.
Donations are used to:
- Provide transportation to ICE appointments, court dates, and other official meetings, mainly in New York City.
- Offer legal information and assistance to immigrants trying to gain asylum, naturalization, or other legal status, as well as those at risk for unjustified deportation.
- Give financial and other material support to immigrants at risk for deportation or detention.
- Continue our helpline.
- Create and maintain sanctuary spaces, as needed.
- Offer programs and training for volunteers and rapid respond to ICE actions.
- Print materials.
The fund is administered by a volunteer board. As of May 2019, board members are Myrna Capaldi, UIDN; Pastor Renee House, Old Dutch Church, Kingston; Azer Khan, Islamic Association of Ulster County; and Diana Lopez, Nobody Leaves Mid-Hudson. Julia Fitzgerald is the financial administrator.
To contribute, use the button at the top of the page or send a check payable to Holy Cross/Santa Cruz Episcopal Church (please write “UIDN” on the memo line) to Holy Cross/Santa Cruz Episcopal Church, 30 Pine Grove Ave., Kingston, NY 12401.