The Migration Policy Institute has a wide range for reports, fact sheets, policy briefs, and more. Here are just a few:
- Educating English Learners during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Policy Ideas for States and School Districts (2020, Julie Sugarman and Melissa Lazarín, 30 pp)
- Legal Protections for K-12 English Learner and Immigrant-Background Students (2019, Julie Sugarman, 26 pp)
- Mitigating the Effects of Trauma among Young Children of Immigrants and Refugees: The Role of Early Childhood Programs (2019, Maki Park and Caitlin Katsiaficas, 19 pp)
- Immigrant Families and Child Welfare Systems: Emerging Needs and Promising Policies (2019, Mark Greenberg, Randy Capps, Andrew Kalweit, Jennifer Grishkin, and Ann Flagg, 73 pp)
Model Campus Safe Zones Resolution Language for K–12 and Colleges and Universities (2016, 6 pp each) from ACLU of California, Advancement Project, Asian Americans Advancing Justice, National Immigration Law Center; and Services, Immigrant Rights, and Education Network.
Sanctuary in Colleges and Sanctuary in Schools (American Friends Service Committee) includes printable posters to display, links to additional resources, sample resolutions, and more.
Sample publications from the Immigrant Legal Resource Center (ILRC):
- Family Preparedness Plan (2017, 14 pp, download in Spanish, Chinese, and English) instructions and forms for creating plans for children’s care in case of deportation or raids.
- Help for Immigrant Families: Guidance for Schools (2017, 4 pp, English only) tips on for reassuring children and families, share resources and information, ensure that school policies don’t make students vulnerable, and encourage families to learn about options and rights, including preparing for unfavorable immigration actions.
- Protecting Immigrant Youth Fact Sheet (ILRC and National Juvenile Justice Network, 2018, 2 pp, Spanish and English) describes ways schools and communities can improve policies to help protect immigrant youth.